The whole team at Joseph Cochran, DDS loves the Michiana area. We are so happy to live and work in South Bend. One reason we love it is all the beauty, culture, and convenience. But the real reason we love it here is the people! That’s why we get excited when our friends and neighbors from South Bend and all of its surrounding areas choose our dental office for their own or their family’s smile care. We treat every patient as if they were members of our own family—because they are! We love being part of your life.
First Visit Experience
Your first visit with us usually takes a little longer than your future visits. That’s because this is our first opportunity to get to know you, show you around, introduce you to our team, understand what is going on with your oral health, and get your teeth sparkling clean and ready to smile their brightest.
After we show you where everything is in the office, we will take some time to talk to you to review your history, talk about your concerns, and understand your expectations. A comprehensive exam will follow, in which we check everything from your teeth and gums to your jaw. We even screen for sleep apnea! Once your screening is complete, we will discuss our findings, create a treatment plan, if necessary, and get your teeth cleaned by our outstanding hygienist. You’ll leave knowing exactly what your teeth need to be their healthiest!
New Patient Forms
Click on the link below to conveniently download and fill out your New Patient Forms prior to your visit!
Your comfort is always our priority, and our patients often tell us how satisfied they are with our gentle and compassionate approach. But because we believe in going the extra mile to keep you feeling great, we also offer a variety of extra comforts to help you unwind while staying informed and entertained, including:
- Computers in treatment rooms—this allows us to show you your images, keep your records handy, and share results with you quickly and conveniently
- Neck pillows—to help you stay relaxed through any treatment
- TVs in the treatment rooms—to keep kids and adults alike engaged
- Music—piped throughout the office
If you need anything during your visit, just let us know. We are here to cater to you—smile, body, and spirit!
We think everyone deserves high-quality, modern dental care, and so we go out of our way to make affording it easy. Here’s how:
- We participate in a wide variety of insurance plans including Delta, Cigna, Aetna, Guardian HRI, Metlife, Dentemax, Geha/Connection Dental, Anthem BC/BS, United Healthcare, and Humana
- If your insurance plan is not in-network, we will bill send the bill to your insurance company and bill you for the uncovered portion afterward
- We offer a 5% discount for payment in advance/pay in full
- Our payment options include all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover; CareCredit; and our own in-house payment plan
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.